Friday, January 13, 2017

Technology-Back to Future

I am from a small village in Nepal. In my childhood, I did not get to know much about photographic technology. We had a portrait of our grandfather in our house.  The first camera I got to take a photo with was a color film camera by Kodak. It was an amazing experience at that time. A few years later, our school called a photographer to take a group photo of our class. This was the first time I had heard about a digital camera. During my high school days, I learned about mobile phones with cameras. I still remember the day when Steve Jobs launched the IPhone.

I agree with the point made in the video – the revolvingreporter that was like a super hero. He came with so many super powers, like acamera in his right eye, the phonograph speaker and the typewriter. Thereporter was dominating the city with all these abilities. Just like then, modern day technology like social networking are dominating our modern cities. In my opinion, the only change is that instead of being a big monstrous structure, technology comes in the size of a mobile phone. Unlike those days, it is more efficient and technology is constantly improving.   


I expect that in 2026, the photojournalistic technology will have advanced even more. One of the most certain elements is a more powerful camera in the Iphone. I believe the time when people have to carry heavy photographic equipment will be long gone. I expect the control of media by various corporations to end. As mentioned by Luke Allen in his blog, drones can be used to provide information, which certain corporations or governments want to hide. Additionally, I expect an advancement of drone technology to cover war zones. This could save the lives of many photojournalists who put their life at risk to bring these events to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment